The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group conducted a simultaneous implementation of Search Warrants through its intensified campaign against loose firearms or OPLAN “Paglalansag Omega” last Friday at the properties of Cong. Arnolfo Teves, Jr. and some neighbors.
Ten search warrants for violation of RA 10591 or Illegal Possession of Firearms and Ammunition and R.A.9516, or Illegal Possession of Explosives, were all issued by Mandaue City RTC Executive Judge Allan Francisco S. Garciano against Teves, Roland Aguisanda Pablio, Jose Palo Gimarangan, Jojo Maturan and Milky Maturan in Basay town.
Other warrants were served on Hannah Mae Sumerano Oray, Cong. Teves, sons Kurt Mathew Teves, and Axel Teves in Brgy. Malabugas, Bayawan City.
CIDG Director PBGen Romeo M Caramat Jr. said his operatives found various high-powered weapons and hand grenades in the searched areas.
The confiscated firearms, ammunition and explosives consisted of three hand grenades; 10 short firearms, six rifles, 465 assorted live ammunition, 194 assorted empty shells and 22 assorted magazines.
A statement from the CIDG said the Teveses were not around during the implementation of the search warrants and all arrested persons and confiscated pieces of evidence were brought to the CIDG Negros Provincial Field Unit for proper disposition.
Meanwhile, the Civil Security Group, Firearms and Explosives Office in Camp Crame revealed that License to Own and Possess Firearms (LOPTFs) and other licenses of the arrested persons had been revoked.
Sec. Carlito Galvez, Jr., the officer-in-charge of the Department of National Defense, told reporters in Dumaguete Saturday that the raid was not connected to the killing of Gov. Roel Degamo and eight other civilians, but was part of the drive against illegal possession of firearms and explosives.