ArchivesNovember 2010Perdices back; will leave again

Perdices back; will leave again

-

- Advertisment -spot_img

The Governor is in.

Gov. Agustin Perdices returned to Negros Oriental last Wednesday to reassume the governorship, but will have to again hand back the reins of the Province to Vice Gov. Roel Degamo as he leaves back for Manila on Thursday.{{more}}

Perdices, according to his son Tincho, will be in Manila for further treatment. “His doctors will do a CT Scan on his abdomen and decide how many chemotherapy sessions would be needed,” the younger Perdices said.

The Governor, 76, had earlier revealed that he had stage 3 cancer of the stomach. He has lost weight and now walks about with a cane. Upon his return from Manila last Wednesday afternoon, the Governor went to the Provincial Legislative Building to meet with Vice Gov. Degamo, and he was warmly welcomed by the provincial employees.

Perdices’ aides are eyeing to use an office in the ground floor of the Legislative Building to spare the Governor from having to walk to his second-floor office at the Capitol.

But Perdices walked up to the Sangguniang Panlunsod Session Hall of Dumaguete City last Thursday to receive a citation from the City Council in appreciation of his service to the City of Dumaguete. Perdices had served the City as Mayor for 18 years.

The commendation was contained in Res. 428 series of 2010 authored by Councilor Erwin Macias, which was presented during the regular session of the City Council.

Perdices said the honor bestowed upon him by the Council was a pleasant surprise. “Leaders are often damned than praised. But we accept this–it’s our job. I we don’t accept it, we don’t accept our jobs,” he said.

Despite his treatment schedule, the Governor had found time to be back in Dumaguete for some significant occasion, such as his birthday last month. This time, however, he may not be able to be back in time for the Dumaguete City fiesta.

“He may be back in Dumaguete either on Nov. 25 or 26,” Tincho said, “but if I know my dad, he would want to be back in time for the (Nov. 24) fiesta.”


(Back to MetroPost home page)



Previous article
Next article

Latest news

Gov. Sagarbarria lifts pork ban

    Negros Oriental Gov. Chaco Sagarbarria has issued Executive Order No. 10 allowing the transport and movement of live hogs,...

Ipe to connect Pantawan 1 and 2

    Dumaguete Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo has announced plans to construct “shoreline protection” from Pantawan 1 to Pantawan 2 this...

The ASF dilemma

    Pork lovers may soon get their meat at lower prices after the Provincial government allowed the entry of hogs...

PPI News Commons elects officers; sets funding plans

    CATBALOGAN CITY -- The board of directors of the Philippine Press Institute News Commons met recently to address key...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

Tourism roadshow goes to Bayawan

  Bayawanons were treated to a night of cultural heritage and excitement when the Negros Oriental: Garbo sa Kabisay-an Tourism...

NOHRRA to help farmers grow specialty coffee

    The Negros Oriental Hotels, Resorts & Restaurants Association is helping local farmers produce and market specialty coffee. NOHRRA President Royani...

Must read

Gov. Sagarbarria lifts pork ban

    Negros Oriental Gov. Chaco Sagarbarria has issued Executive Order...

Ipe to connect Pantawan 1 and 2

    Dumaguete Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo has announced plans to...
- Advertisement -spot_imgspot_img

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you